Place Dauphine is an iconic public square wedged between lavish townhouses on the western tip of Ile de la Cité in Paris. The square was the second project of the “royal squares program” instigated by Henri IV – the first one being what is now known as Place des Vosges – and was named after his son, soon-to-be Dauphin of France Louis XIII. To this day, it remains one of the most prestigious areas in the city.
The square’s – which is actually triangular in shape – westernmost corner connects to Pont Neuf, linking the right and left banks of the Seine River. Although the houses surrounding Place Dauphine were built in the early 1600s, only two have preserved their original features, i.e., the two located on either side of the narrow entrance leading to Pont Neuf. Nowadays, the oddly three-sided square is popular with both locals enjoying apéro and photographers searching for a quintessential Paris atmosphere.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Place Dauphine tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Place Dauphine 2020?
What's the best way to experience Place Dauphine?
- Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in Central Paris
- Private Paris Ghost Tour: Mona Lisa's Murder Night-time Exploration Game
- Paris 3-hour Sightseeing Bike Tour
- Customized Parisian Photo Shoot & Cultural Tour
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Versailles
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Rouen
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy