Palace of Versailles
Formerly a humble hunting lodge, the Palace of Versailles (Chateau de Versailles) is the extravagant creation of Louis XIV, also known as the Sun King. Embellished to epitomize royal decadence (the inequality of which tindered the French Revolution), Versailles features 700 rooms replete with frescoed ceilings and carvings, plus the Versailles Gardens (Jardins de Versailles), which brim with geometrically designed walkways and fountains. No visit to France is complete without experiencing the grandeur.
Tours and tickets to Experience Palace of Versailles
What are Palace of Versailles hours of operation?
Should I book Palace of Versailles tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Palace of Versailles 2021?
What's the best way to experience Palace of Versailles?
- Versailles Palace Priority Access Guided Tour Optional Show & Pickup from Paris
- 1-Hour Sightseeing Flight around Paris
- Small-Group Versailles Guided Tour from Paris
- Versailles Palace Skip the Line Audio Guided Tour & Gardens Access from Paris
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy