With its diverse mix of ethnicities and burgeoning art scene, Belleville has made a name for itself as one of Paris’ most fashionably eclectic districts, drawing a hip crowd of young locals, students and creative types. Integrated into Paris in 1860, Belleville started life as a hilltop village, famed for its lively guingettes and surrounding vineyards, and the vibrant neighborhood still retains much of its original character.
Today, Belleville is renowned for its sprawling Chinatown and abundance of international restaurants, quirky bars, independent art galleries and small music venues, while the hillside Belleville Park offers spectacular views over Paris. Additional landmarks include the churches of Saint Jean Baptiste de Belleville and Notre Dame de la Croix, the old aqueduct, the site of the old Belleville funicular and the birthplace of iconic French singer Edith Piaf.
Tours and tickets to Experience Belleville
Should I book Belleville tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Belleville 2021?
What's the best way to experience Belleville?
- Guided walk in an electric scooter out of Paris tourist routes
- Food tour Belleville Off the Beaten Path 10:30 am
- The Best Photo Spots In Paris With A Local Photographer: Private & Personalised
- Paris Street Art Walking Tour
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy