* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "Antoine was absolutely excellent. Energetic, knowledgeable, fun, friendly, and timely. Delightful experience."
* A traveler said: "If you’re visiting Normandy exclusively for DDay, I highly suggest you book this tour. Distance from beach to beach or from airborne landing area are not as close as I thought they would be. Having a guide and someone to drive you around makes it 10x better."
* A traveler said: "The information and history that our guide Bertram, shared with us was amazing. We had a fantastic lunch that Bertram had planned ahead for. Great driving and organization of tour."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was excellent and I would recommend this tour for a family. It was fantastic. My teenagers loved it!!"
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "Terrie was our guide, he grew up in the area and new his WW2 history, he was very personable and gave us a lot of little known facts. I would highly suggest the Band of Brothers tour, well worth the day!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide who was extremely knowledgable about the area and history. Such fun being in this Gold Beach Adventures vehicle!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide. Thorough explanations of historical time period, causes and consequences. Good selection of D-Day sites visited. Plenty of time at each."
* A traveler said: "Kate was an outstanding guide during the drive and at the monastery. Tour was great and highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "There’s no better way to try to capture a glimpse of what 1940’s Normandy was like than to ride thru the streets and hedgerows of Normandy’s liberated towns in a vintage Jeep Willy. With the overcast and drizzle/rain, it was humbling to imagine what the soldiers endured. Our guide, Eric, was informative and told us poignant historical details as we traveled from one location to another. As a passionate WWII buff, he shared locations that were not the typical D-Day tour locations and were only accessible by the Jeep. If you are looking for something more in-depth and off the beaten path, then this tour is for you."
* A traveler said: "Omaha beach and the American cemetery will be most memorable. So reflective and moving. Our tour guide Thierry with Overlord Tour, was amazing! Very knowledgeable and personable. Learned a lot and enjoyed the whole tour!"
* A traveler said: "Very interesting and very good guide. We visited the most important sites and listened to interesting storories and facts."
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "Our Guide was terrific and made us very comfortable spending the time at the beach. He was extremely knowledgeable and felt like we had known him forever. Good driver, nice van --had water for us. Non smoker."
* A traveler said: "A great way to see the area, fabulous fun with knowledgeable, fun and experienced riders. I would recommend it as the best way to enjoy the fresh air and see the sights."
* A traveler said: "Cedric, owner of the company, is a true pleasure to work with. He lives in the area and was so knowledgeable about history, food, landmarks, interesting facts and more. He is prompt, reliable, speaks great English and extremely professional. I will be hiring him again for other tours in the future. I highly recommend!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ranville War Cemetery
- André Malraux Museum of Modern Art (MuMa)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Arromanches 360
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Trouville (Trouville-sur-Mer)
- St. Catherine’s Church (Eglise Sainte-Catherine)
- Normandy Victory Museum
- Normandy Museum (Musée de Normandie)
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Lisieux Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-Pierre)
- Hillman Fortress
- Falaise Memorial (Mémorial de Falaise)
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Brittany (Bretagne)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Joan of Arc Historial (Historial Jeanne d’Arc)
- Omaha Beach
- Mont Saint-Michel
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Juno Beach Centre (Centre Juno Beach)
- Utah Beach D-Day Museum (Musée du Débarquement)
- Bayeux War Cemetery
- Pointe du Hoc
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Burgundy