Soaring 394 meters over the beaches of Cassis, Cap Canaille is France’s highest sea cliff and it’s a dramatic sight, with its steep grey and ochre colored cliffs jutting out into the ocean. Located between La Citotat and Cassis on the Mediterranean coast, the rugged headland has long drawn visitors from both towns, and offers spectacular views that span the glittering Cote d’Azur, the Calanques and the Gulf of Cassis.
The easiest way to take in the views is to follow the 15km ‘Route des Crêtes’, a dizzying serpentine road that curls its way along the coastal cliffs and climbs to the highest point – head there at sunrise or sunset for the most breathtaking views. Alternatively, adventurous travelers will find ample opportunities for hiking, mountain biking and rock climbing.
Cap Canaille Tours
Should I book Cap Canaille tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cap Canaille 2021?
What's the best way to experience Cap Canaille?
- Provence, Marseille and Cassis Sightseeing Tour
- Provence Small-Group Sightseeing Tour: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence and Cassis
- Provence Full Day Private Tour with Professional Guide from Marseille
- Cassis, Cliff & Calanques Private Half-Day Tour from Aix-en-Provence
Things to do near Marseille
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon