Valldemossa and La Granja
High in Tamuntana Mountains, filled with golden light and olive trees, is the old stone city ofValldemossa, built around a graceful monastery dating to the 1300s. It is a place of marvelous beauty and legendary inspiration, where Frederic Chopin composed some of his finest work, even as he lay dying of tuberculosis, and writers like George Sand and Nicaraguan poet Rubén Darío wove together their prose from its sights and sounds.
Today, Valldemossa remains a quiet escape, with fine lodging and dining, and wonderful outdoor adventures. One of the classic day trips is to La Granja, a former convent surrounded by spectacular gardens, with fountains, flowers, and botanicals from throughout the region and world. Free tastings of La Granja's ("The Farm's) jams and cheeses are heald throughout the week, but try to come on a Wednesday or Friday, for a crafts festival, equestrian show, and folkloric dancing.
Tours and tickets to Experience Valldemossa and La Granja
Should I book Valldemossa and La Granja tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Valldemossa and La Granja 2021?
What's the best way to experience Valldemossa and La Granja?
- Valldemosa and Valley of Soller Tour in Mallorca
- Palma de Mallorca Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Palma, Deia and Soller Valley
- Visit two of the most beautiful villages of Mallorca on a private tour
Things to do near Mallorca
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Benidorm
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Algiers
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Costa Blanca