Brussels is the administrative heart of the European Union and the Espace Léopold buildings are where parliament meets throughout the year to debate and discuss the future of Europe. The main building of the European Parliament complex is the Paul-Henri Spaak building, an impressive glass structure with a distinctive arched roof, it’s been nicknamed "Caprice des Dieux" (whim of the gods) after a similarly shaped French cheese.
The hemicycle is where parliament debates; it seats the 736 Members of the parliament, numerous translators and a gallery for the general public. The semicircular shape is designed to encourage consensus among the political parties.
There are a number of interesting works of art on public view including May Claerhout’s sculptureEuropa,which has become a favorite among tourists.
Tours and tickets to Experience European Parliament
What are European Parliament hours of operation?
Should I book European Parliament tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit European Parliament 2021?
What's the best way to experience European Parliament?
- Brussels Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Cool Guided Brussels BikeTour
- The Grand Brussels Experience Coach Tour
- Brussels Super Saver: Brussels Sightseeing Tour and Antwerp Half-Day Trip
Things to do near Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais