Les Halles Market
Avignon’s Les Halles market is home to about 40 stalls, each selling some sort of Provençal goodies, from cheese and meats to oysters and foie gras, even rose petal-perfumed sea salt. There’s a wine bar and well-loved Italian stand too, and the popular market is easy to spot—its façade is covered in a frothy vegetable garden designed by botanist Patrick Blanc.
The best time to visit Les Halles? Local chefs (a different one each week) show up at 11 a.m. each Saturday to give cooking demonstrations using fresh ingredients picked up from the market that morning. The demonstrations are in French, but it’s easy enough to follow along. Private cooking classes also take place in Les Halles Market throughout the week, and there are workshops geared especially for children and sushi-making classes on Fridays.
Tours and tickets to Experience Les Halles Market
What are Les Halles Market hours of operation?
Should I book Les Halles Market tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Les Halles Market 2021?
What's the best way to experience Les Halles Market?
- Cooking workshop with an exceptional chef in Avignon
- Classic old town Avignon from the Romans to the Pope's - half day private tour
- Avignon's history, local culture & the wines of Châteauneuf du Pape private tour
- Private Tour at the half day from Avignon
Things to do near Avignon
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in French Riviera